12.05.2004

I am my own grandma

There used to be this song which was (just a bit) controversial in that it declared I Am My Own Grandpa.

This morning, I looked down at my handful of Neurontin, vitamins, Parnate, Cytomel and Allegra right before I swallowed 'em. I looked up at my old stash of discarded drugs in the medicine cabinet which I just can't bring myself to throw away yet...Prozac, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Effexor. All of those pills. All of those pill bottles. All of those pharmacy labels.

I closed the door to the medicine cabinet and stared into the mirror for awhile. I still look somewhat young for my age (late thirties). But I have become my own grandma.

And that's okay. When grandma was depressed, she didn't have the resources I had.

These pills would make an awesome mosaic. Maybe I should use them to make a modern art interpretation of my grandma's photo. I think she would like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home