12.11.2004

Put On a Happy Face

I was digging through am old box of papers today. Cards and letters from college sent to me long before I was officially diagnosed with depression.

I guess it was pretty obvious that something was up way back then IF someone knew which signs to look for. I mean, symptoms other than the five-day long sleeping marathons and total loss of emotional control after a few beers. Because that only stands out as unusual if it continues after graduation and into--perhaps--your sixth or seventh year in management at a large corporation.

In the box of papers, I found a card from my old roommate and very close friend, Anne. We were undergraduates together. On the front of the card, there is a silly stick figure person jumping up and yelling...

"HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!"

Inside of the card, Anne had written...

"Perhaps just one? Just to try it out."

2 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger The Ursine Calamity said...

Wow. That's a good one.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love that kind of sarcasm.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home