1.01.2005

It's all George Bush's fault

Back in October, I was sitting on the couch. You know, THE couch. The one in the doctor's office. Damn, that boy has a fine leather couch.

Anyway, he was asking me all of the questions that you get during your med management visit. Appetite? Sleep? Sex drive? Whatever, whatever.

I gave him the run down on my life at the moment and we sorted through the pile. Depression-related? Med-related? Neither?

I looked at him straight in the eye. "I want carbs. I want alcohol. I refrain from hitting the bottle but I'm happy to load up on raisin toast. I get no sleep. I'd like to want more sex. And I'm trying to figure how to pin all of this on George Bush in an election year."

He burst out laughing but I was deadly serious. I have few passions, but politics and media (along with my devestatingly charming and understanding husband) top the list. Jon Stewart has been better for me than AD's since 1999. He is one of the two men in my life who keep me sane on a daily basis. (Sorry for the pressure, Jon.)

As I stand here on the edge of another year with many life decisions weighing on me and getting all tangled up in med issues, ONE thing is perfectly clear.

Those negative voices in my head? The ones that tell me, "You can't do that. You'll fail. You're getting old. Just give it up"....those voices? They aren't MY voices.

They are Republicans.

I am used to giving these voices a lot of attention. They've gotten all of the voting rights. I have been letting them run the show. No more.

They might have the majority vote in Congress and their leader is screwing up the world. But they will no longer have the majority vote in my head.

Majority Assclown Tom DeLay can kiss my sweet temporal lobe. I'm shutting him down.

nodelay

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Ron_F said...

"Those negative voices in my head? They are Republicans."HA! That is hilarious! I love it. I totally agree!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home